Monday, 1 June 2009

Past Present and Future

Well, Many thanks to Norma,for suggesting we all do this, and of course Max for making it a requirement of the groups commitment to "never ending self improvement".
I refelect and review constantly, and in my "day job" it is written down. I reflect and think constantly about my horses (much to my husands annoyance) but i don't commit it to type -why? because of the time it takes and arguements it causes. I can review, dabate and re-run things in my head, or find them in a book whilst we sit watching TV in an evening, in the same room. Typing/pc use annoys him (so why doesn't ironing??- topic for another day I feel!!)
So, the solution.... do my thinking, write bullet points, and type up little and often. Will do more when the opportuntiy arises!
Past
So, where was i this time last year? Having achieved L2 and starting to play in L3, I was looking forward to summer with Maestro and Jerry, learning to control a 45' line, and a week at Stoneleigh: natural lead changes. I didn't honestly expect to get any, and I wasn't disappointed!!!
What I did get was a better understanding of where I was, not my horse. I know he's having to wait for me whilst my savvy level increases, and I know that graph is not a smooth incline. I realised that my journey is exactly that, MY journey and I learnt not to compare where I was to where others were. I saw things which inspired me in each of the people and horses on the course, and met some people I hoped would stay in my life.
Jerry was still a big challenge for me, but he finally let down. (only took 2 years, lol!) I think he had been moved about so often he had to go through the "time limit " to know he was going to stay with me. Plus I used a horse communicator, boy have I learnt about some alternative therapies from him!
Present
Having fun!! :)
I don't pressure myself about a green string, that'll happen when it happens. My time is divided between work, university, family, and my horses, they are all interlinked and interdependent, and if I try to bring any of the direct line thinking from the other parts of my life into my horsemanship, it will ruin it.
My attitude is such that I set myself goals, such as a focus for a session, but if it all goes in another direction, great! If i get bored or feel frustration creeping around, I change what we're doing. I have two horses that need different things. Maestro likes change and loves a bit of speed! Jerry likes repetition as an unconfident learner, and likes calm. I feel I have many arrows in my quiver now, and it takes a lot to shake me. I know I'm a grounded type of person, so i try not to have feet of clay, sometimes I need to be "upthere" a bit for both my guys.
I read a lot of horse books, watch dvd's youtube, sky programmes about different horsemen and women and try to widen my knowledge about horsemanship. I really enjoy our group meetings, and it's great to be with such postive people, all committed to developing themselves and their horses in the way that is best for their relationship.
My Dream
Well no-one said think small, and Norma asked,so here it is, this is what I really really would love to do.
I would like to operate an Holistic Horse Centre. Working with professionals, helping students with their horsemanship. Start/restart/rehabilitate horses, and offer a range of alternative therapies including Communication and Reiki.
Sam x
/\,,/\
0 0
(o o)
/\

No comments:

Post a Comment