Thursday, 22 October 2009

Fun and Feathers at Ticknall

Potty and I did the Jump Cross pairs, 2'3" at Ticknall this October. It was the first time we'd done this class, and boy did we have fun.

Maestro was a superstar!! He felt steadier than last year, although we came in at 3:33, 3 seconds faster than last year. He was "with" me all the way ound, listening to me saying "steady" when we had to reorganise ourselves for a single jump. what a change from last year when he just raced round with me taking a passenger lesson! :)

It reflected the change I noticed in him at Stoneleigh. this year I felt happy to ride him in the big field with just a c/s, doing puzzles, patterns and attached to helen and Paris. He could bring his life up, and drop in down again so easily. Last year I would have been anxious about doing this, but hey guess what I discovered, I get impulsive, and I sometimes think my life is down, when my energy is still up in my body....Thanks Carmen Z for catching me doing this! my self awareness is sometimes lacking because I'm too busy thinking/planning/reviewing, to be in the moment! (which is of course where my horse is...) D'oh...

No comments:

Post a Comment