Monday, 16 February 2009

Prior and proper preparation, or procrastination?

Monday 16th Feb

I am having a few moments of reflection, having not ridden this weekend, and looking at my reasons why - especially when i intended to!

These reflections in part have been brought on by the daily parelli subject of heart and desire, and Max's personality profile of human traits and tendencies, which she very kindly shared with us all. So, what went awry? well, family responsibilities in short - waiting to welcome Paul home after his week away, buying and delivering sister in law's birthday pressie, delivering youngest son to friends house for a sleepover, hay delivery for Maestro and Jerry.

These didn't take the whole weekend, so just what did i do? Catch up on poo picking, set up my 200' corral for play - moved the pedastal, barrels, discovered last years logs were too rotten, so need some poles, moved the cavaletti, and got my "carwarsh" ready. I played some stick to me with Maestro, and found this has improved since i have been feeding them hay daily because of the bad weather - food motivating a LBI! Having said that it's been fascinating to see how he sticks to me, leaving his own hay, when i walk across the field to feed the horses next door. He waits patiently whilst i give them their hay, and then walks back with me to his in the shelter.

I watched the savvy spotlights where pat was assessing and handing out ribbons. well, I got it wrong! Pat handed out a black ribbon,for a liberty demo giving 10 for the relationship, when i thought the horse was checking out and was not really "with" the woman for quite a lot of the time. He also gave the same to a freestyle display where the horse appeared to me to have quite a sour look on it's face most of the time. I need to look at them again, and hopefully discuss in our group to try and find out what I'm missing. However, taking the positives, I got some good ideas for my own play, hence the time preparing my arena.

So, did I prepare?, yes, did I procrastinate, yes. In the end i'm a LBI just like my horse, and decided that with the limited time available, my original plans wouldn't fit in, so the next best thing was prior and proper preparation so that in the next slot of limited time, my tools are ready!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Sam ! I love your blog but I find it hard to read ...but then again my optician did say to wear my glasses ! Old lady eyes need big font ! Funny but I felt the same thing about some of the savvy spotlight video - the liberty did not look L4 to me by a long way. Learned a lot from Honza about that we can share when we meet !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comments on the layout Max, I'm trying to slot a few things onto the page, so will try and make it easier on the eye! Looking forward to hearing more from you and Bry about Honza, from the bit I read in his blog, he sounds like he's got a lovely approach!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope this layouts eaasier on the eye!

    ReplyDelete